- - Item Prices do not include shipping, customs and Sales Tax. All extra charges will be paid by the customer upon item arrival to Jordan, during the customs clearance process.
- - Item Prices should be paid in full when placing the Pre-Order
- - Once the order is submitted to the supplier or manufacturer, we are unable to cancel any Pre-Order Items
- - If the Order contains other Normal in-stock items in addition to the Pre-Order Items, the in-stock Items will be processed as usually, and pre orders will be shipped separately.
- - Reorder Items may take from 2-4 weeks to arrive Jordan and Clear customs
DOS – Dosing and Fluid Metering System
The Neptune DOS Fluid Metering System is one of the smartest dosing pumps on the market. It will hook directly to your existing Neptune Apex, ApexEL or Apex Jr. giving you the ability to program both pumps independently for what ever kind of dosing your tank may need. The DOS pump includes two pump heads for the most common of two-part dosing, but it is not limited to just two part dosing. You can use it for automatic water changes once a week or even once a day, minor trace element additive dosing, liquid food dosing, or pretty much any other liquid your tank may need to be dosed in metered amounts.
You simply just hook the DOS Fluid Metering system to your Apex controller with the included AquaHub cable and with the Fusion cloud software programming a dosing pump has never been so simple. The DOS system when interfaced through fusion can be programmed to dose a certain amount of liquid between certain intervals of the day. The DOS pump is so smart it will even change the speed of the motor depending on the amount needed to be delivered to the tank to keep noise at a minimum.
- 2 part dosing
- Liquid food dosing
- Additive delivery
- Micro-quantity dosing
- Auto water changes
Simply hook this system up to any Apex via an Aquabus cable to begin DOS-ing today!
The #1 reason people purchase a dosing system for their aquariums is for consistent and easy dosing of 2-part solutions (calcium and alkalinity) to their reef tanks. The most common method for doing this today is to use standalone dosing pumps and run them on a timer using seconds or minutes to determine how much to dose. This is not only confusing, but also prone to inaccuracy. Everyone knows that when measuring a fluid it is done by volume, not time. Every dosing calculators out there uses volume. So, with the DOS (and the Apex Fusion interface) you simply enter the amount you want of each part of the additives (one on each pump) and what hours of the day you want it delivered. The DOS then sets up all the dosing intervals within that time period. When that time interval is finished, the exact volume you set has been delivered. It even automatically chooses the slowest speed necessary for the pump so that it minimizes noise.
- Automated water changes - Water changes with the DOS are super easy. All you do is place your empty vessel and your fresh stock of saltwater under your stand. Then, with the Apex Fusion wizard just tell it an amount of water you want to change over what length of time and the hours of the day you want it to happen and it figures it all out for you. It will perform an automatic, continuous water change for you. It gets better. If you have our dual optical water sensing accessory Apex Fusion will send you an email or text message letting you know it is time to change out the jugs. Less time pumping, siphoning, and sloshing water and more time enjoying a great aquarium.
- Dosing micro amounts - If you need to dose tiny amounts of a particular solution, element or other fluid (like vodka dosing or Zeovit systems), the DOS is the perfect solution due to its precision controlled stepper motor. This ability to control pump movement in such a refined manner means that you can dose all the way down to 0.1ml at a time!
- Large diameter tubing - Larger size tubing means that your pump does not have to work nearly as hard – or stay on for longer cycles. The most popular dosing pumps on the market use tube fittings with the tiny diameter of 1.67mm. The DOS uses much larger tubing and fittings. In fact, at 3.33mm in diameter, the pump on the DOS can handle 4x the flow of the most common pump style on the market. This means that your pump (and motor) will run 1/4 the time to pump the same amount of fluid. Less run time means long pump life.
- Headache free interface - Programmability using Apex Fusion makes dosing a breeze.
- Quick and easy tubing changes - No matter the pump, your tubeset will eventually go bad. Changing out the peristaltic pump tubing on the DOS is a snap. Literally! All you need to do to change out the pump tubing is squeeze the pump head and remove. Then take out the tubing, replace with a new one, and snap it back on. No screws, no impossible snap on covers and no fussy loose rollers to mess with. And, because you are not changing out an entire pump head, your costs are lower as well!
- Adaptability - The DOS has an accessory port that will enable it to be connected to the DDR – Dual DOS Reservoir.
- Super silent operation - The Neptune Systems engineering team has taken extensive steps both in how the pump operates as well as the enclosure design to ensure that the DOS system is one of the quietest dosing systems on the market for the fluid volumes it delivers
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- DOS pump
- Aquabus cable
- Power supply
- 4 meters DOS tubing
- Size (Approx.): 9.5″ x 5″ x 5″
- Weight (Approx.): 4 pounds
- Lift Height: 24 feet (minimum at MSL)
- Suction Height: 24 feet
- Flow Rate: Variable (0.1mL – 250mL/min)
- Power Requirement: 110/120V or 220/24oV
- Requires: Apex, ApexEL, Apex Lite, or Apex Jr.