Medic is a highly effective treatment for external fish parasites present in both marine and freshwater environments. It contains an antibiotic component and a reef-safe oxidizing agent that work together to help eliminate parasites. It is particularly effective against:
- Marine Ich - Crytpocaryon irritans
- Freshwater Ich - Ichthyophthirius multifiliis
- Marine Velvet - Amyloodinium ocellatum
- Completely reef-safe
- Does not harm invertebrates
- Does not harm nitrifying bacteria
- Buffered to maintain physiological pH
How does Medic work?
Many external fish parasites have very similar life cycles. In particular, these parasites have an "attached" stage (trophonts), a "matured" stage (protomonts), a "reproductive" stage (tomonts), and a "free-swimming" stage (theronts/dinospores). Most available treatments do not target the free-swimming stage of the parasite which is one of the primary difficulties in dealing with these infections.
Research with ciliated protozoans has shown that the "free-swimming" stage of these parasites have remarkably consistent hatching times. We have engineered our medication to be most efficient during this stage.
Our medication targets the trophont stage of the parasite but is also very effective in disrupting the life cycle during the "free-swimming" stage. Thus, when using the medication, hobbyists should try to maintain the highest concentration of the medication during this "free-swimming" timeframe - when the oxidative component in the medication is particularly effective against theronts/dinospores.
Directions for in Tank Treatment:
- Use 1 level scoop of medic for every 50 gallons (190 liters), twice per day
- **Serious problems, use 3 level scoops
- Dose once in morning and once in evening
- Continue dosing for 10 days, and up to a maximum of 20 days
- Note: Ozone and carbon must not be used during the treatment
- Protein skimmers can be run as as normal
- UV filter can be used one hour after dosing
- The problem may seem to disappear when white specks are no longer visible on the fish. This is merely part of the natural cycle of the parasite and you must continue dosing the product for the minimum entire course (10 days) to be maximally effective
- After treatment is complete, run granular activated carbon for 2 or 3 days
- Active Ingredients: Crystallized Peroxide Salts
|UPC||123355458||Product Type||Aquarium Supplies|
|Number of reviews||2|
- ممتازممتاز عند الاستخدام بالوقت المناسب1 of 1 customer found this useful
- فعالفعال جداً لازم تتبع التعليمات بشكل دقيق لكي تحصل على نتيجة ممتازةThis review has no votes.